Monday 21 October 2013

Thank you

I have lots of people to say thank you to. Without you I probably wouldn't have completed my trip, and I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did.

Vaughan and Liz
For being my fabulous support crew for the second half of my trip, and for opening up your home in Bristol to me. You both gave up a fortnight's annual leave to chase me around the northern part of the UK, arranging campsites and setting up / packing away every day when I was out on my bike. You comforted me when I arrived exhausted and cold, helped me find the best routes each day, and made sure I was eating the right things. You also put up with my crabby mood when I arrived places, needing a  shower and change of clothes before I could be anywhere near pleasant company.

Lindsay and Naomi
For coming over to Bristol to surprise me and see me off on my second week's cycling.

Garry and Gill
For surprising me on my return from the trip and showing how proud you were of me.

All the coaches, young riders and parents at Preston Park Youth Cycle Club
For never moaning that I wouldn't be around to help through the whole of September, following my travels with interest through the blog, and showing me such warmth of congratulations when I returned.

Anthony and Ben
For lending me a set of the PPYCC lights (Anthony) and building me a dynamo hub so that, one day, I can have a dynamo front light that charges my electronic gizmos (Ben). I'll get to test the hub once the light / re-charger gets to me, eventually, from Germany ...

Sheila, Ceri, and Adrian
For welcoming me so warmly in Ross-on-Wye and giving me a luxurious night's stay in comfort.

Fiona, Lesley, Barbara, Judith, Anne, and Sheila
For wishing me well in style on the Isle of Wight,  sending me encouraging messages during  the trip, and being the best group of friends a 50 year old woman would ever want.

Everyone who sponsored me
I loved reading about the sponsorship money coming in, and the lovely little messages people posted on the JustGiving page. It made me weep as I crossed the Forth Bridge, thinking of all the people who cared about what I was doing.

Chas Roberts
For building me the best bike for the job. You're a genius.

The bike shops I visited - Harry Halls in Manchester, Evans in Kendal, Leith Cycles in Edinburgh, Sandy Wallace Cycles in Inverkeithing, and Mr Bike in Montrose
For giving me good advice, taking the time to chat about my trip, and being encouraging about the challenge I was undertaking.

Dad
For showing me the spirit of adventure in mid-life and beyond, and the joy of eccentricity. You'd have been proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment